The RSE Prizes for Public Engagement seek to recognize and promote excellence in the emerging field of Public Engagement. A Senior Prize and Innovator's Prize are awarded.
The next call for nominations for the RSE Prizes for Public Engagement closes on 28 November 2016.
Nominations which have been submitted in the past will be considered for three years. A member of the RSE team will contact the nominator nearer the time to ask for any updates which should be added to the applicant nomination form.
New nominations are invited to be made by Fellows of the RSE using the Public Engagement Prize nomination form and a CV of the nominee. Please complete and return the nomination form by e-mail and one signed hard copy by post. In making your nomination, which will be considered by the RSE Prizes Committee it is vital that sufficient information is given for reasoned judgments to be made. Therefore, included in the nomination form is a one-page supporting statement. Nominations may be made by Fellows only. Nominations which are not accompanied by a completed supporting statement section and two page CV will not be considered eligible.
Two awards will be made; a Senior Prize and Innovator’s Prize. The eligibility criteria for each are:
The Senior Prize recipient will:
- demonstrate a sustained high quality track record of Public Engagement, at least at Scotland-wide level
- may or may not have been commissioned for TV
- demonstrate innovation in method of delivery
- may or may not be a Fellow of the RSE
- be willing to deliver an RSE public event in relation to this Prize in an area of their expertise.
Fellows are asked to note particularly that those nominated for this prize should be able to attract a wide audience and are effective communicators.
The Innovator’s Prize recipient will
- demonstrate an innovative approach to public engagement
- may or may not be a researcher, communicating their own work
- live and work some of the time in Scotland (at least three months per year)
- demonstrate originality
- may or may not be a Fellow of the RSE or a Member of the RSE Young Academy of Scotland.