Triennial Review of Research Councils
The RSE has responded to the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills' Triennial Review of the Research Councils. The Society has grouped its comments around the following six headings:
- Is the current Research Council structure appropriate?
- Maintaining the Haldane Principle.
- Promoting innovation and economic development, and the relationships between Research Councils and Technology Strategy Board.
- International aspects, especially collaboration with Europe.
- Potential constitutional change.
- Research Councils and the next Spending Review.